Pages

Monday, 13 March 2017

Poetry Monday

Poetry Monday was started by our friend Diane from On The Alberta Montana Border.  She can be found in my sidebar.  You are invited to participate....write, read, critique, express an opinion.....we want to hear from you.

Let Your Little Light Shine

The creator sits,
hunched over a work bench
littered with the best of materials,
the finest of tools.
Ancient, unchanged,
unchangeable ,
the master watches over
millions of lit candles
while endlessly striving,
not for perfection
but
for deliberate imperfection.
After all, no candle
should burn forever.
As one flame
begins to dwindle,
another is lit from it.
and,
as the old candle is tossed
toward the ceiling
its dying light
flashes across the vault of heaven,
a shooting star.

7 comments:

  1. Lovely. Going out as a shooting star sounds good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always super impressed and in awe of people who can write such amazing poetry. Happy Monday! Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of the Creator over a work bench. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is fabulous. So evocative!
    Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is my favourite of all your poems I've read so far, Delores - wonderfully evocative, and something to ponder on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh goodness ... these words have bought tears to my eyes.
    Your words are just perfect, and had a special meaning to me, I thank you.

    My good wishes

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. So that's where shooting stars come from!

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to know someone else is out there. Please leave me a comment...pretty please.