Pages

Saturday, 18 March 2017

Things I Never Learned At My Mothers Knee....

even though she tried hard to teach me.


  • Always put  a little aside for a rainy day.
  • Take time to get to know people before you trust them.
  • Don't take the first man to come along.
  • There is nothing wrong with staying single.
  • Moderation in all things.
  • Work for your living.  You'll be much happier.
  • Don't make fun of people if you don't want to be made fun of.
  • Don't eat too much sugar.
  • Eat your vegetables.
  • Don't be afraid to do a little extra.
  • Time wasted is time lost.
  • Appreciate you family.  Some day you won't have them.
It was all good advice and eventually I did learn (the hard way).  Well, maybe I still waste a little time.
What good stuff did your Mom try to teach you that you didn't listen to?
I think sometimes the lessons you learn the hard way stay with you a lot better than those you just accept from someone else.

17 comments:

  1. She always said, "Life's too short." Somehow that seemed to answer almost every question or situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #7 #9 #11 are all things I learned from Mum, although I ignored #11. She saw reading as a waste of time, I didn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reading is definitely NOT a waste of time...no how no way.

      Delete
  3. My mother tried to teach me most of those things. Some stuck, some didn't. She also tried to convince me that mathematics and physics were a) fun, and b) were going to be useful. Epic fail on both counts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor Mom...she tried so hard....like beating her head against a brick wall.

      Delete
  4. I don't remember my mother ever saying any of those things. But she lived them, and I tried to follow her example. I still feel like I fall short, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mother taught me but that doesn't say that I learned. My dad always said just because you listen doesn't mean that you hear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The generations come and the generations go ... life's cycle keeps turning, which is good.

    I think some of what our mums (and dads) did their best to teach us were listened to ... while others fell on deaf ears (as the saying goes)

    Parenting is one thing we never get lessons in, we just have to do our best.

    Hope your weekend is going well.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did we have the same Mom? :) Hugs B

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to know someone else is out there. Please leave me a comment...pretty please.