Pages

Friday, 3 March 2017

Using Wednesday's Words

This month the words are being provided by River of Drifting Through Life.  You can find her in my sidebar.
The words are;  speakers, clock, condense, abundance, famous, extension  and/or   stuttering, marble, newest, highway, coffee and doorway.

Here we go.

Nancy glanced at the dashboard clock and sighed.  Her old VW was stuttering its way   down the highway so slowly she was sure she was going to be late to make her presentation yet again.
“Call your prof and ask for an extension.” Dale suggested.
“Won’t work” Nancy replied.  “I’ve had an abundance of extensions on this project.  He told me the last time that it was now or never.”
Dale turned the volume down on the car speakers and spoke seriously.  “The man may be a famous author and a great teacher but he’s cold as marble.  When I was doing my project he told me to condense some of my best work into one small paragraph.  He said, ‘it wasn’t reflective of the newest thinking on the topic’.”
Nancy squirmed in her seat.  “I need a pit stop and a black coffee.  I’m pulling over at the next Tim’s.  The professor will just have to deal.  Hey!  Isn’t that professor Woodruff in the doorway of that sleazy looking motel?   And, that’s not his wife with him.”

Dale chuckled.  “Looks like you’ll have no problem with just one more extension.  Let’s stop and have a little chat with the old prof.”

5 comments:

  1. Not only an extension but A+ all round I suspect. And the Prof obviously isn't cold as marble...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! I like this. By all means have a chat with the Prof and his friend.
    Great story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so funny! Great job my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hah! GREAT twist at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done ... loved the twist at the end

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to know someone else is out there. Please leave me a comment...pretty please.