Pages

Monday, 10 April 2017

Poetry Monday

Poetry Monday is brought to us by Diane of On The Alberta Montana Border.  You can find her in my side bar.   Join in with us....read, write, critique, share your thoughts and ideas.   We want to hear from you.



Dark Night, Diamond Delight

Bare, gnarled trees,
their groping, scratching fingers
gathering diamonds
to their branches,
are cast about with gossamer draperies
                     of mist and starlight.
 They tremble in the darkness
that is never truly dark,
 watching the galaxy
as it  races past
on its nightly voyage,
singing
a lullaby to the trees.

11 comments:

  1. I LOVE the idea of the galaxy singing lullabies to the trees.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I now have images of huge gnarly trees and misty starlight in my mind. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. My. Goodness. This sings. It absolutely sings. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Watching the galaxy as it races past" ... I wouldn't have understood this if I hadn't seen some time-lapse photography of the sky at night! It really does race past, and like EC, I love the thought of it singing lullabies to the trees below. Nice one, Delores.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are all too entirely kind....thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So good and very descriptive.
    I enjoyed the poem, thank you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Again, well done...thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to know someone else is out there. Please leave me a comment...pretty please.