Pages

Thursday, 8 June 2017

I'd Forgotten

Yrs, I'd forgotten what it's like to have a little kid in the house.  A little kid who talks non stop and eats like a  horse.  A little kid who wants to help with everything and is forever under your feet.  Our wee man is ten chronologically but in actuality he is really only about four or five.  He still carts his stuffed animals everywhere and is unpredictable in his reactions.  We are still working on table manners and tooth brushing and all manner of things that a ten year old handles with grace and aplomb.  When bed time came around and he'd been showered and hair washed and pajama'd we found out how much of a 'little guy' he really is.  We called the momma so he could say goodnight and then began the painful process of getting him to stay in the bed.  He must have been up and down a dozen or more times.  I finally had to get quite stern about it.  That held until around 3:30am and then he piled into bed with us.  Little kid elbows and knees are sharp and bony  in case you didn't already know.  Something else I had forgotten.  Anyway, this morning, after a 'loggers breakfast' we got him off to school.  Phew  A free day now until it's time to pick him up.  The momma has her hands full with this one.

.....and just a note to JoeH.....I tried that control z thing and it worked beautdifully....thanks again

16 comments:

  1. I remember the kids piling into bed with us at times, all knees and elbows you described it perfectly, it's hard to get back into being accustomed to having little ones around, you have your hands full but it is worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few years ago I sat for my two grandchildren from ages 1 and 3 to 6 and 7, one day a week. It was exhausting!

    I am very excited, that is the first time I've ever helped someone with any technology! It is always the other way around. Do you also know contrl c for copy and control v for paste? That's all I've got.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I knew C and V.....I also have a fix for that annoying french version question mark that pops up occasionally.

      Delete
  3. It sounds like while he is in school is "me time" for you to catch up on rest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is why we have children when we are young!! That being said, sometimes a child's needs are too demanding even for young parents, who are lucky if they have their own parents to take over for a bit. I feel badly for the ones who don't, especially if they can't afford to hire a sitter overnight. Enjoy your time with wee man once you've had the nap I'm thinking you'll be having :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does have her hands full. Her other child is also a bit of a handful for other reasons and her own health is not good so it is good to help out now and again when we are up to it.

      Delete
    2. Bless your hearts. And hers. I hope things improve for her.

      Delete
  5. We love to see the grandchildren, but yes, they can be tiring ... which as Jenny said above "is why we have children when we are young!!"

    Having said that so many precious memories are made when the grandchildren are around ... I love it!

    Take care

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I suspect you are exhausted - and smiling broadly. Which is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Echoing EC here, happy exhaustion. And it is all worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, they are exhausting and need 100% of your attention and energy. My granddaughters always wanted to sleep with me (one at a time) and always took over 3/4s of the bed. There was little sleep for me. In the AM, all three would jump in my bed. They are teenagers now and I miss that ritual. Time goes by too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Boy, when he goes home you will breathe a sigh. Your memories will think the visit wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful thoughts indeed and thanks for sharing that. Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bless your heart. I remember those days and now that all my grands are big, I miss those times:-(

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to know someone else is out there. Please leave me a comment...pretty please.