Pages

Monday, 12 June 2017

Poetry Monday

Poetry Monday is brought to us by Diane of On The Alberta Montana Border.  You can find her in my sidebar.  She thought Monday needed jazzing up.  She was right.
Why not join in.  Read, write, critique, offer your thoughts....poetry doesn't have to rhyme you know, it just has to say what you are thinking.
Here goes for this Monday:


In and out,
back and forth.
Yell and shout
and slam the door.
I need this
and I need that.
Forever reminded
to wear a hat.
Can we go here?
Can we go there?
I've found two socks
but they're not a pair.
15 stuffies in a bag.
Packed myself is the brag.
Forgot about my underwear
and the other stuff I need to wear.
I need to see my mommy now
to see how she is doing.
Then can we come back here
to do what I was doing.
Come and play with me.
I've got a game.
You'll like it,
wait and see.
You throw the ball
way down the hall
Then run and throw it back,
then run and.......
Grandma?
Are you listening?
Grandma....why are your eyes closed?
Grandma.....
GRANDMA!

16 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I wonder where you found your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this a lot, it brings back memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Do not slam the door one more time!" A statement that always falls on deaf ears of children at play.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they look at it as a challenge. How many one more times can they get away with.

      Delete
  4. I think Joe is onto something ;)

    I like this one Delores.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he's got it figured out. I wonder what gave it away?

      Delete
  5. Ha!You were listening at our keyhole, weren't you?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would make me a bit of a lurker wouldn't it?

      Delete
  6. Haha! I love the ending! Clearly you need to have many more of these extended visits so you build up your strength, Grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I just loved this ... I'm still laughing!

    Enjoy your week ahead

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is funny now that I'm looking back on it...at the time it was just plain exhausting....and yes, fun.

      Delete

It's lovely to know someone else is out there. Please leave me a comment...pretty please.