Pages

Saturday, 3 June 2017

Wool Eyes and Wool Balls

I've been knitting and doing laundry this morning.  150 stitches on the pins.  My limit is three rows before I get 'wool eyes'.  Of course I don't stop at three rows.  Did you really need to ask?  Downstairs the laundry calls and so, with 'wool eyes', I stumble down the steps and start pulling items out of the dryer.  The wool balls always try to escape.   They bounce out and roll away.  Sometimes behind the baskets, or the machines, and sometimes even into the next room.  It's hard to find your wool balls when you have 'wool eyes'.
The hubs offers to help by taking things out of the dryer for me but he is 75% blind and the wool balls know it.  They take advantage of his weakness.  Sneaky little devils.

15 comments:

  1. Or, when the cat deciphers the latest clever closure of the yarn bag and distributes the balls all over the room, they whisper instructions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Different kind of wool ball but yep.....they probably do whisper instructions. All wool is devious.

      Delete
  2. For those not familiar with wool balls, they are a set of three woolly balls that go in your dryer in place of dryer sheets or fabric softener to eliminate static cling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for telling me about 'wool balls'. Woolly mind I am v familiar with. Too familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes those sneaky little wool balls, you have to keep an eye on them.......

    Kind of hard to do with wool eyes though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for explaining the wool balls...you don't even want to know where my mind was going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh come on...you know you want to tell me.

      Delete
  6. I was given some of those and haven't used them yet - I'm afraid of the wool causing irritation to our skin (husband is sensitive to wool, and I'm sensitive to lots of other things) - have you had any issues? (besides "wool eyes", that is :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hubs is mildly sensitive to wool...we've had no issues. These balls are working on their second year and show no signs of wearing out yet. No static cling either. Items that are not dried in the dryer go in once they have hung dry just to remove any static. Works a charm. I'll never go back to fabric softener or dryer sheets again.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the information - good to know. I have to get busy and try them out.

      Delete
  7. Wool Eyes is a great description. I get them too, and aching fingers besides. I no longer knit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hanging in but I can see a time (if I live long enough) in the future when I will have to give it up.

      Delete
  8. I'm pleased you told us (me) what wool balls are ... I was wondering.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to know someone else is out there. Please leave me a comment...pretty please.