Pages

Monday, 17 July 2017

Poetry Monday

Poetry Monday is brought to us by diane of ‘on the alberta montana border’.  You can find her in my sidebar.  Procrastinating Donkey decided to play along (she is in my sidebar too) and that made three of us.  We would love it if you would join in as well.  Read, write, critique, share your thoughts….lots of room on this poetry excursion bus. You don’t have to a published poet…only diane is……you don’t have to rhyme….just put your heart on paper.

Silver tears
                                 upon the pane,
gurgling cascades
down the drain,
patters and spatters
on the street
and
when it’s done
the air smells sweet.
The roses lift
their happy heads
and sparkling diamonds
do they shed.
The robin finds it
easy toil
to pull the worm
from dampened soil.
So I sit
and scan the view
all fresh and fragrant
clean and new.
When I go to bed
tonight,
pull down the shade,
turn out the light,
in dreams I will
review the sight
on this lovely
peaceful

rain washed night.



Diane has also provided a topic for those of us who are having trouble coming up with something this week.  The topic is "nonsense".

nonsense
is the absence
of common sense

on elfin feet
she trips about
seeking water
in this drought
finds it
in a cowslip bell
takes it home
to 'ne're do well'
her older brother
truth to tell
is not so bold
as sara belle

19 comments:

  1. How I love the scent of rain-washed air. And long to experience it again.
    Not a published poet? You are a stranger to the truth. My copy of Old Broads Waxing Poetic is well thumbed, and treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scent of rain is one of my favorites (I even learned its name, Petrichor) and I delight in your poem, Delores. My own offering is at "Invalid's Workshop" --http://atrialinvader.blogspot.com/2017/07/1970-poem.html --and chronicles passage through a town, perhaps Woodland, California, in 1970 with Norma and our 1st-born in our '52 Dodge pickup truck. The old 8mm film is very grainy but smiles are still discernible and the photographer is still our friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everybody check out Geo's poem. It is short and sweet and lovely. I would have clicked in as a follower Geo but I was 'forbidden'.

      Delete
    2. I tried again and was accepted this time.

      Delete
  3. Summer rains (not frightening storms) are lovely and often leave a rainbow for us to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do it so well, Delores. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That rain-washed scent is one of my favourites, too, and well-captured in your first poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poetry isn't my greatest subject.

      Delete
    2. Happily, no one is giving us marks for this...thank goodness.

      Delete
  6. You handle this very well. I might give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do give it a try...it's fun, it's free....what could go wrong?

      Delete
  7. I can't write poetry to save my life, but I like reading it. These were really good and makes me maybe want to try again... although not publicly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's safe here Harry...people who visit here are very kind.

      Delete
  8. Hi Delores,

    I appreciate both of these very different forms of poetry. Yourself and Diane, both very adept at poetry. As for me, I'm not one to do much in the way of poetry. Of course, the dog is very good at um, pawetry.

    Cheers, Delores.

    Gary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she is.....does she give lessons? I could use some pawetic instruction from a little cutie like Penny.

      Delete
  9. I like the one about the rain best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You definitely have a gift Delores, I love the thought of a peaceful rain washed night and you describe it so well here.

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to know someone else is out there. Please leave me a comment...pretty please.